(Extended Plant Warranty must be purchased on the same receipt as plant materials)
All growing things require proper care. We will provide you with special care instructions for your new items. Our Plant Warranty is valid so long as those instructions are followed.
Down To Earth Extended Plant Warranty:
With the purchase of the extended warranty, Down To Earth Garden Center will guarantee the life of your tree or shrub for up to 1 year from the date of purchase. (Roses and perennials are covered for the current growing season only, ending Oct 15th of the purchasing year.)
Plant warranty does not include annuals, house plants or tropicals.
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE...
1 qt Root N Grow with 1 bag of Purple Cow Compost covers:
- Up to one 25gal tree or
- Up to two 10gal trees or
- Up to three 5-7gal shrubs or
- Up to five 2-3gal shrubs or
- Up to ten 1gal perennials
• The correct amount of Root & Grow, Purple Cow Compost, and plants purchased must all be on the same, original itemized receipt.
• The dead plant(s) along with the identification of the plants must be returned to Down To Earth. Down To Earth will replace dead plant with exact variety or issue store credit for original purchase amount.
• This guarantee is for residential homes only and does not apply to commercial sites, residential landscapers or contractors.
• This guarantee covers the original purchase amount per plant, not to exceed $1000 in total claim amount per residential site per growing season.
• Plants must be planted for at least 30 days before sending in a plant guarantee claim and cannot be in a dormant state. Potted plants, houseplants, and annuals are not guaranteed. All plants must be zone appropriate to be covered by this guarantee.
• Pick an appropriate place to plant by following the instructions on the plant tag or a Down to Earth Team member.
• Dig a hole 2 times the width and the same depth as the root ball, mix about 2/3 existing soil with 1/3 Purple Cow Compost.
• Apply Bonide’s Root & Grow solution to the root ball as it is being backfilled with the compost/soil mixture. For trees and large shrubs use 1 gallon of diluted Root & Grow (3-1/2Tbsp per gal of water).
• For small shrubs and perennials use 1-3 pints of diluted Root & Grow (1-1/3tsp per pint of water).
• After planting thoroughly saturate root ball with additional water.
• Keep soil evenly moist throughout the growing season by watering when necessary. Test to see if you need to water by inserting your finger about two inches into the soil near the base of the plant. Water if no moisture is detected.
• Water with Root N Grow solution once every 4 weeks, and at the final watering of the season before the ground freezes.
Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. We take pride in the quality of the products we sell, and offering great customer service is our top priority.
• In order to qualify for a return, all items must be in the SAME condition as they were when leaving our garden center.
• All non-plant returns must be made within 30 days of purchase, with a valid sales receipt, and be in good condition.
• Plant materials must be returned within 7 days to be considered for return.
• Credit will be given on a Down to Earth gift card, or as an exchange.
• Returns without a receipt will not be accepted.